Things to Do Prior to Your Next Appointment
- Submit payment for the new patient intake appointment deposit
- Read and complete the information, forms and consents within the Welcome Packet
- Know your insurance coverage! Verify which laboratory is contracted with your insurance company and indicate this on the Intake Questionnaire.
- Obtain a copy of the child’s immunization record and be sure to chart any adverse reactions that were noted up to three weeks following the immunization in the Intake Questionnaire
- Fax, email or mail intake packet to Developmental Spectrums (Consider keeping a copy for yourself as an important medical record.)
- Read the required New Patient section
- Read one of the recommended biomedical books listed on our website (It is best if both parents do the reading to understand the interventions that we may recommend.)
- If your child is not already on the Gluten-Free, Casein-Free, Soy-Free diet, consider starting it now to give your child a jumpstart!
- Another great book to read (if you have the time), is Super Natural Home, by Beth Greer.
The Day Before and Day of Your First Appointment
- Increase your child’s water intake (a few glasses over the course of the day) to prepare for an easy blood draw experience.
Things to Bring to Your First Appointment
- A photograph of your child
- Digital voice recorder or tape recorder (you can also record on your phone)
- Notepad and pen for note-taking
- Previous lab results (within the past year)
- Your child’s favorite toy and/or electronic device
- Snacks and plenty of fluids